Kaspersky Rescue Disk is a bootable CD designed to allow you to clean remove virus
that are impossible to remove. It lets you use Kaspersky antivirus to remove virus while they are not active and that they
can't defend themselves.
This CD can be easily found on Internet as a ISO file
that can be burned into a CD. Once the cleaning has been done, think about buying Kaspersky antivirus, this is by far the best antivirus we recommand, the antivirus version because the internet security version is sometime too intrusive.
- Boot your PC with the bootable CD of Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
- When asked, press a key on the keyboard (any key).
- With the arrows and the Enter key, choose the English language.
- Choose Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode with the Enter key on tke keyboard. Kaspersky Rescue Disk starts..
- When asked, press A to accept the agreement. The the A key doesn't work, try other characters near the A key, this is because your keyboard is not correctly detected, you'll make it!
- If your PC is connected to the Internet, click on the My Update Center tab and then click on Start update to get better results. Wait for the update to complete and click again on the Objects Scan tab.
- Check all you want to scan and click on Start Objects Scan.
- The scan can take between a few minutes and a few hours to complete. If a virus is detected, the top right icon turns red or yellow to indicate you this event.
- At the end of the scan, you are asked what you do for each virus. You don't have a thousand choices, most of time you can click on Delete to remove each virus. You can check Apply to all objects box to save time.
- To restart, click on the bottom left menu and click on Restart computer.