Windows backup tool let you make a complete backup of your pc and of your documents on a periodic base. It is available in Windows Vista and 7
To use it, it is recommended to have a external hard drive or a network drive. Other options (CD, DVD, USB stick) are either too slow or don't have enough space for that purpose.
- Click on start menu in the left bottom corner, then click on Control Panel.
- Make sure that the control panel is in Category view.
- Click on Backup your computer.
- Click on Set up backup.
- Choose the destination in the list and click Next.
- Choose the parameters and click Next (Windows recommandations are perfect in most cases).
- Click on Save settings and run backup.