Time Machine is an amazing backup system which can be found only on Apple computers with Mac OS X 10.5 or later
(see find Mac OS X version
With that system, it is possible to automatically backup your pc and to have access to previous versions of your documents. Time Machine requires a external hard drive for the backup.
- Click on Finder in the dock.
- Click on Applications on the left, then click on Time Machine.
- If asked, click on Set Up Time Machine.
- Click on Select Backup Disk..
- Click on your external hard drive and click on Use for Backup